What to Expect at the Polls
Election Day Hours: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
If you choose to cast your ballot on Election Day, please go to your assigned precinct. Your precinct can be located by using Find Your Precinct. Locations are also listed in the local paper prior to Election Day. If you have moved since the last election please call the Supervisor of Elections Office at (386) 329-0224 to update your address and receive your new precinct information.
Voting should be a quick, satisfying experience if you know what to expect at the polls on Election Day:
- You will be greeted by the precinct Deputy who will suggest you have your photo and signature identification ready to present when you check-in. As a courtesy to all voters and the election workers you will be asked to turn off your cell phone. To save time you are encouraged to bring your pre-marked sample ballot for your personal use. Feel free to wear political apparel displaying your candidate, party, etc. of choice, but please remember there is NO campaigning or soliciting within a 150-foot radius of the precinct, nor inside while voting.
- Check-in with the EViD operator/election worker, who will ask to see your current, valid photo and signature ID. Please notify the EViD operator immediately if your address has changed since you last voted or if your information requires an update. Also notify them should you need assistance to vote. You may bring someone to assist you or assistance can be provided. Once your information is confirmed you will be asked to sign the electronic signature pad. After confirming your signature you will be given a voting pass. Please verify your information has been updated and your voting pass has been issued for the correct ballot style before leaving this station AND before voting.
|Registration books close for Party changes & NEW registrations
29 days before an Election
SAVE time at the polls:
Change your address prior to Election Day
Update your Name or Signature prior to Election Day
Change your address by calling our office before going to the polls on Election Day
- You will then proceed to the Ballot Issuing Inspector. They will collect the voting pass, issue your ballot, provide ballot marking instructions and ballot casting instructions. Again, please verify you have been issued the correct ballot style before leaving this station AND before voting.
- Finally, you are in the voting booth and ready to mark your ballot. Feel free to use your pre-marked sample ballot. It is important to review your ballot for accuracy prior to casting your vote. If you make a mistake please tell an election worker immediately; you are allowed up to 2 replacement ballots. Please remember to take your sample ballot with you upon leaving. Place the marked ballot in the secrecy sleeve.
- Your final step on Election Day is to remove the marked ballot from the secrecy sleeve, deposit your ballot into the tabulator and take the complimentary "I Voted" sticker.
We appreciate your participation on Election Day!
| If you are in line at 7:00 pm when the polls close, you will be permitted to cast a ballot