2018 Constitutional Amendments
Get a head start on your amendment reading for this year's election! Updates will be posted here as they become available.
There are thirteen (13) Proposed Constitutional Amendments that will be on the ballot statewide in Florida during this General Election in November.
- Three (3) are Legislative Referrals passed by House Joint Resolution,
- Two (2) are Citizen Initiatives which made ballot position through the collection of petition signatures
- Eight (8) are the final proposals from the Constitution Review Commission (CRC). The CRC meets once every twenty years to review Florida's Constitution and this will certainly be a historic number of amendments on the ballot for Putnam County. Use the links below to view the full ballot text of the amendments.
- Increased Homestead Property Tax Exemption
- Limitations on Property Tax Assessments
- Voter Control of Gambling in Florida
- Voting Restoration Amendment
- Supermajority Vote Required to Impose, Authorize, or Raise State Taxes or Fees
- Rights of Crime Victims; Judges
- First Responder and Military Member Survivor Benefits; Public Colleges and Universities
- School Board Term Limits and Duties; Public Schools - REMOVED FROM BALLOT
- Prohibits Offshore Oil and Gas Drilling; Prohibits Vaping in Enclosed Indoor Workplaces
- State and Local Government Structure and Operation
- Property Rights; Removal of Obsolete Provision; Criminal Statutes
- Lobbying and Abuse of Office by Public Officers
- Ends Dog Racing
For further information visit:
The Division of Elections Website
You may also view the Constitutional Revision Commission's Ballot Guide for more information on the eight (8) proposed revisions.