Every year, the Florida Supervisors of Elections offer a scholarship opportunity for students who have finished two years of undergraduate work and are majoring in political science, public/business administration, or journalism/mass communications. This year, they will award four scholarships in the amount of $1,200 to students in Florida.
Students who are registered to vote in Putnam County should submit their application to our office. We will select one finalist from Putnam County for consideration by the scholarship committee.
To be eligible for the FSE Scholarship the student applicant shall:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a registered voter in the State of Florida.
- Have been a resident of Florida for two years preceding the academic year for which an application is made.
- Be either a Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or Journalism/Mass Communications major.
- Be at least a junior in college, or have enough credits for enrollment as a junior prior to the application deadline.
- Be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a senior college or university in Florida. No postgraduate or second-degree students.
- Have maintained a "C" average or above for the previous year.
- Submit two current letters of recommendations: one from the college or university last attended or graduated from; and one from a citizen of good standing in the community.
- Submit a resume of your high school and/or college activities, as well as, what you have done for your community.
- Demonstrate a financial need and furnish a financial statement, which shows what your own contribution is to your educational expenses. (Student does not have to submit an official form, can just send a statement of their financial need.)
- Be available for a personal interview by the Supervisor of Elections in the county where you are registered to vote.
In addition, the student must:
- Apply in accordance with all eligibility requirements. (Failure to do so could result in non-consideration.)
- Continue to meet all initial eligibility requirements.
- Maintain a "C" average or above.
- Remain in good standing at the institution.
Scholarship must be given to student attending a Florida university or college which is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
How to Apply
Either print application from here or pick up application packet from the Elections Office. Once completed, drop off in person or mail all required items to:
Putnam County Supervisor of Elections
2509 Crill Ave., Suite 900
Palatka, FL 32177
Email all items to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: March 11, 2022
Presentation of Winners: TBA
If you have any questions about any details on this page, contact the elections office at email@example.com